Hearing Voices groups provide a safe place to talk about your experiences. You may feel that sometimes these experiences are very distressing and overwhelming, but sharing this can help.
Hearing Voices can be both an attack on personal identity and an attempt to keep it intact. The solution does not lie in suppressing the conflict but in accepting it and to keep in mind that it is normal to be different. We do not all respond to situations in the same way and getting to grips with the context is essential to understanding the behaviour and to facilitating support.
Aims of Hearing Voices Groups:
- Demystify the voices
- Build up a relationship and acknowledge the voices as part of ordinary life
- Finding processes of learning to cope with voices
- Keep in mind the idea that it is normal to be different
There are 100s of groups across the world. See our National Networks page to find out if there is a group near you.
You can find out more about what Hearing Voices Groups do here
Hearing Voices Network Cymru Groups
- Carmarthen Hearing Voices Group The Carmarthen Hearing Voices Group offers a chance for voice hearers, seers of visions or those experiencing tactile invasions, their friends, family and carers, to meet together, support each other and share their experiences. Meetings are held on Tuesday evenings, fortnightly, from 6.00pm – 7.30pm at HAFAL, 8-10 Woods Row, off King Street, Carmarthen. Disabled Access: Yes. Tel: Nyfed 01239 841823
- LLanelli Hearing Voices Group Email: [email protected] or [email protected] or tel: 01554 752751
- Voices and Visions Newport (Gwent) Hearing Voices Group – Maria Saleem – [email protected] or tel: 07975528367
- Mid Powys Mind Hearing Voices Peer Support Group: Llandrindod Wells with the help of Mid Wales Mind. Meets 2 – 4pm every Second and Fourth Thursday of the month
starting in October 2017. Mid Powys Mind, Crescent Chambers, South Crescent, Llandrindod Wells, Powys,. LD1 5DH. For further information contact Helena and Chris, 01597 810168 and email [email protected]
- Pembrokeshire Hearing Voices Group Tel: Lydia (Mind Pembrokeshire) 01437 769982, Hywel Davies tel: 0753 1454376 email: [email protected], tel: John 0796 8238218, email: [email protected]
- The Port Talbot Self Help Group, The Forge Centre, Community Mental Health Team, Forge Road, Port Talbot, SA13 1PA. The group is peer led and is held in the volunteer room at the Forge Centre and runs every Wednesday between 1.30pm – 3.30pm. Contact Jayne Whitney 01639 862517 email [email protected]
- ‘Hear Hear’ Hearing Voices support group Contact: Crest, Heol Y Gors, Cwmbwrla, Swansea SA5 8LD Tel; 01792 652101 Website; http://www.swansea.gov.uk/crest
- Wrexham Hearing Voices Group The venue for the group is Morrison’s Supermarket, Ruthin Road, Wrexham, LL13 7TU. They meet every fortnight on a Tuesday 1pm to 3pm. Contact details are Tony Scannell and Caroline David 01978 726730 (Wrexham CMHT). Email [email protected] or [email protected]