Hearing Voices groups provide a safe place to talk about your experiences. You may feel that sometimes these experiences are very distressing and overwhelming, but sharing this can help.
Hearing Voices can be both an attack on personal identity and an attempt to keep it intact. The solution does not lie in suppressing the conflict but in accepting it and to keep in mind that it is normal to be different. We do not all respond to situations in the same way and getting to grips with the context is essential to understanding the behaviour and to facilitating support.
Aims of Hearing Voices Groups:
- Demystify the voices
- Build up a relationship and acknowledge the voices as part of ordinary life
- Finding processes of learning to cope with voices
- Keep in mind the idea that it is normal to be different
There are 100s of groups across the world. See our National Networks page to find out if there is a group near you.
You can find out more about what Hearing Voices Groups do here
Hearing Voices Network Cymru Groups
- Bangor Hearing Voices Group Tel: Mike 01248 360490
- Cardiff Hearing Voices Group 4 Winds Centre, 65 Clare Road, Grangetown, Cardiff CF11 6QP. Every Tuesday 3-5pm. Facilitated by mark Priscott. Tel. : 02920 388144. Email : email@example.com
- Carmarthen Hearing Voices Group The Carmarthen Hearing Voices Group offers a chance for voice hearers, seers of visions or those experiencing tactile invasions, their friends, family and carers, to meet together, support each other and share their experiences. Meetings are held on Tuesday evenings, fortnightly, from 7.00pm – 8.30pm at HAFAL, 8-10 Woods Row, off King Street, Carmarthen. Disabled Access: Yes. Tel: Nyfed 01239 841823
- LLanelli Hearing Voices Group Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or tel: 01554 752751
- Voices and Visions Newport (Gwent) Hearing Voices Group – Maria Saleem – firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07975528367
- Mid Powys Mind Hearing Voices Group: Mid Powys Mind, Crescent Chambers, South Crescent, Llandrindod Wells,Powys LD1 5ES, tel: 07900520852
- Pembrokeshire Hearing Voices Group Tel: Lydia (Mind Pembrokeshire) 01437 769982, Hywel Davies tel: 0753 1454376 email: email@example.com, tel: John 0796 8238218, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Port Talbot Hearing Voices Group, The Forge Centre, Community Mental Health Team, Forge Road, Port Talbot, SA13 1PA. The group is peer led and is held in the volunteer room at the Forge Centre and runs every Wednesday between 1.30pm – 3.30pm. Contact Jayne Whitney 01639 862517 email email@example.com
- ‘Hear Hear’ Hearing Voices support group Contact: Cwmbwrla Day centre, Heol Y Gors, Cwmbwrla, Swansea SA5 8LD Tel; 01792 652101 Website; www.createswansea.co.uk
- Wrexham Hearing Voices Group meets at Brighter Futures, 3 Belmont Road, Wrexham, North Wales LL13 7PW. Contact Tony Scannell or Caroline David, Wrexham Hearing Voices Group, Ty Derbyn, Croesnewydd Road, Wrexham Maelor Hospital, LL13 7TD. Telephone Tony Scannell or Caroline David on 01978 726730 Email firstname.lastname@example.org